REP. STEVE KING
IA-04 | Running for re-election
- Congressman Steve King has voted in line with Trump 92 percent of the time.
- He voted to defund Planned Parenthood, against the Title X Family Planning Program, against a minimum wage hike, to repeal health care, for tax cuts for the 1%, and for an unconstitutional abortion ban.
- King has said that “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies” – which he clarified to mean U.S. citizens should be increasing birth rates to keep out immigrants.
- He blamed the use of contraception for a “dying civilization” and is opposed to the Supreme Court decision which legalized contraception in the United States.
- He also stood by a vote for legislation covering abortion only in the case of a “forcible rape.”
- He has made comments that abortion is causing a Black genocide and that abortion was a “tragedy for any life, no matter what color,” concluding, “I would give you even money that a vast majority of mothers who say they can’t afford an abortion have an iPhone, which costs more.”
Want to personally “congratulate” Representative King for this dubious honor? Download his official “award certificate” here and deliver to his local office. Make sure you take a photo–or even a video–and post it on social media. Tag Rep. King and use the hashtag #WorstForWomen to spread the word.